May 27, 2011

Week 4 Blurb

We have had a great week this week with lots of significant learning taking place. Cementing some of those important skills, particularly in reading and writing!

We have begun trying to learn some basic punctuation- . ?  !   As a class we play 'Punctuation Shoot'. Ask your child what this game is! :)

This weeks word of the week was 'They'. I am finding that many students are still saying day or vay. Please help me encourage putting their tongue between their teeth when they say the th sound.

I have also observed this week that the children need a little reminder of how to correctly write alphabet letters- including where to start and finish. I will send home a handwriting sheet which clearly shows how to form letters. If we start by focussing on the children correctly writing their name, combined with handwriting in class and constant reminders we should get there! :)

Each time I update the other pages of the blog I will simply post _____ page updated so you know when and where there is something new to view.

Please keep up the comments so I can share these with the children. They are really proud to put things on their blob and bog as they refer to it as!

Take care and have a safe weekend.
Kind Regards,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment